1.23.2012

Ramblings

My lack of updates is sad. I know.

On more than one occasion I have started a new post and decided not to continue with it. I don't know what my problem is. Maybe I am rebelling against my own blog. Who knows.

I have nothing new to report. Jackson is still doing well. Let me be honest here. His case has never been bad. I mean it was in the beginning but because he was diagnosed quickly/early and because we found what works for him fast, he has been a mild case to say the least. He has several friends that are not doing so well and my heart breaks for these kids. I want to wave a magic wand over them, and Jackson too, and make this all go away for them and their families. But then I change my mind. I know that sounds awful but here me out on this one....

If it weren't for this HORRIBLE disease (yes, disease. This is not JUST arthritis, this is one's own body attacking itself) I would not have so many wonderful people in my life. My family has bonds with other JA families that no one can ever understand. This disease is bad, it hurts, and I hate it BUT without it, I would not have my JA family. Together we are fighting for a cure.

Wow, this blog has turned into me rambling. I have so much I want to say, so much I want to talk about it but I don't know how to voice it. I am always afraid that I will say the wrong thing. So sometimes I say nothing at all.

OK, I'm done.

Love to you all.

2 comments:

  1. I love ya, Ma'am!!! I appreciate you in my life. I totally understand what you are saying. I view this disease as a blessing and a curse. I choose to try and focus on the blessings :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I volunteer with IAAM (International Autoimmune Arthritis Movement~formerly the Buckle-Me-Up Movement!). What we've been working on in February and March has been reaching out to people on our JA blogger list and asking if we can post them as a resource on the JA page. To start, could we have contact info from you to add to our blogger list for our records. And if you give us the info, then we will also post your blog as a resource for others on the JA page. Please email me at danalm_iaam@yahoo.com and let me know.
    We also invite you to participate in World Autoimmune Arthritis Day on May 20th 2012!

    World Autoimmune Arthritis Day
    events.r20.constantcontact.com

    Join us for a 47 hour, Global Online Virtual Convention aimed to bring global awareness while learning more about your disease and ways to manage it best!

    Thanks, Dana M

    ReplyDelete