11.21.2012

Three Years this Month

*If you are here via http://thisbighappy.com/, thank you for visiting!! I hope you will find our story informative. And from my family to yours, Welcome!!*

This month marks three years since our youngest son was diagnosed with Idiopathic Juvenile Arthritis (type polyarticular). We've had some ups, we've had some downs, and we've learned a ton but are still learning more every day. Through this journey my family has gained so much in regards to love and understanding. When Jackson was first diagnosed, we felt alone. Arthritis?! What?! Children don't get arthritis. I am here to tell you that Kids Get Arthritis Too! There is a community of families that we have gained that "get it". I could not be more thankful for this.

Lately Jackson has been doing ok. I think he has finally figured out that he has to take his meds when he is supposed to, every 7 days. He is on Humira (I'm sure you've seen the commercials, if not go here). While I hate this med and the stress and tears it causes Jackson, it has been THE biologic to help him. I worry about the side effects, as there are many, but we had to make a decision. Without this medicine, Jackson may not be able to function like a normal 10 year old child. We are blessed that Jackson was diagnosed quickly, most children are not and the damage usually is or is on the way to being done.

While you're here reading our story, please take some time to read some our friend's blogs (links located to your left). Juvenile Arthritis is very real. Yes, my child may LOOK fine to you but on the inside, his body is fighting against him on a daily basis.

There is NO cure and that is something we all our fighting to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment