6.24.2011

The one where we tell methotrexate to F off.........

Today, my readers, was rheumy appointment day. I am pretty awesome and made it to Shands in an hour and a half, go me. :)

But seriously...we got some news today that I thought we'd never hear.

If you'll remember, four months ago at our last visit, the idea of Jackson stopping the MTX was brought up. I was a mixture of emotions, wondering if that would and could really work and super excited to get rid of one shot. The other option was to keep the MTX and take Humira to every two weeks with the MTX.

Today, I am happy to report that not only are we able to tell MTX to F off but we also get to take Humira to every two weeks!!!! We are upping the Humira from 20 mg to 40mg but if that means he only gets a shot every two weeks then we'll take it!!

His wrists and ankles are still slightly stiff but not enough that it bothers him. He has been complaining of knee pain at night however once he takes his Naproxin, he's usually good.

The "R" word was never said today. Nor was it considered. But deep down I feel that we are going in that direction, one step at a time.

In about a month we will be able to see just what the Humira can do without the MTX. Dr. E said it takes about a month for the MTX to get out of his system so we'll watch and wait.

But we'll also celebrate, even if it's a small celebration. =)

2 comments:

  1. Ah ha ha. Love the title of the post, and the great news!!!!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it works! You're a great Mom, so glad to see exciting news on your blog :)

    ReplyDelete