In 9 days we head to G-ville for Jackson's rhuemy and GI appointments.
I'm not prepared.
I am admitting that.
But I am hoping that within the next 8 days, I get uber prepared.
I need to make a list.
A list of questions.
But what do I ask?
I'm lost.
We've been on this journey for over a year now and I am still lost.
Is he flaring?
Where?
Do we need to go back to weekly methotrexate?
His knees sometimes hurt 2-3 days before the bi-weekly metho shot.
His eyes are ok.
He needs new glasses.
What is ANA?
Will they let me see his chart?
Can I get a copy of it?
We got the inserts for his sneakers.
He still needs NEWer sneakers.
Is he in a medical type of remission?
What should I ask?
What do YOU ask YOUR child's rheumy?
Help.
As far as ANA goes, are you wondering what it is, or what his is? I can totally explain ANA to you. :)
ReplyDeleteThey don't usually let you see the chart but they do usually give you copies of tests if you ask. I try to get copies of Em's labs, and they gave me a copy of the pulminary testing. As for what do we ask... It depends on the week. I would normally just bring up any concerns that we have, I would mention the knees and ask if there's anything that you should do for it. (Probably go back to weekly MTX). This last visit I don't think I asked anything, but we also see Dr. E monthly. If you don't really have any questions don't worry about it :) If Jackson's doing great then you probably don't really need to ask a lot. I'm sure I'll talk to you before then, but if not good luck! :)