2.16.2011

Appointment Day

Hello!! I promised an update about today's appointments so here it goes....

Our appointment time was noon. We were right on time so we checked in, got vitals done, and then went back to our room. I filled out the paperwork and for those of you that visit the Swamp, you know exactly what I'm talking about, lol. There were a few updates to write down this time around and I was glad I kept notes!! It made filling out that paperwork so much easier. The kids were in a crazy silly mood today so there was a lot of laughter in the room while waiting for the doctor.

When Dr. E did come in I don't think she expected to walk into giggle fest 2011!! She did say that she liked walking in a room filled with laughter, and I mentioned that they were like that because their father was with us today, haha! The came the discussion of things that have developed, disappeared, and changed within the last four months. You may or may not remember the week long rash that Jackson had back in November/December along with the molluscum he had for a few months. Good news, the molluscum is gone!! (He does have a few spots left but NOTHING like what he had) And the mysterious rash that ended up being not so mysterious? Well Dr. E agreed with his pediatrician that it was probably just a case of extremely dry skin and switching his soap to the Cetaphil bar soap was a good thing.

Then the physical exam happened and he showed no signs of flaring and never once complained of pain during the examination!! She thinks he has bigger ankles than average along with bigger second toes than most. That determination came from moving his ankles every which way and putting pressure on his toes.

Dr. E wants to continue the meds as normal for now but when we go back in four months there will be talk of doing one of two things.

1. Taking away the methotrexate all together and continue with JUST Humira.

2. Keeping methotrexate at every two weeks and taking Humira to every two weeks as well.

We have four months to talk about it and see what Jackson wants to do because let's face it, it's HIS body that gets poked every week. All of this will be based on how the next four months go of course so here's to hoping for a great four months!!!!

The it was on to GI. This appointment was kinda of a "wham bam thank you ma'am" appointment. Jackson has not had ANY stomach issues since late October/early November of 2009 and we believe that was because of all the red dye in the halloween candy he ate. So as long as he stays on the up and up in that department, we don't go back to GI for a year!!

All in all, good appointments!!
Thank you for all your prayers and well wishes!! We love our JA family! =)


PS. For those not doing well, we pray each and every day for our JA family. Keep fighting!!

5 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad that it went well & she wasn't concerned about the knee. I would love to be in that position right now!!! I'm so happy that he's doing well :) I had forgotten about the rash. I'm glad the cetaphil worked. I use that right now. (Finally got diagnosed with Rosacea & I'm on a strong topical.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful to hear some good progress. Jackson must be thrilled with the thought of decreasing shots :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! SOOOOOOO happy to hear ALL of this! Oddly, I am especially happy about the giggle fest! Means you have a great, loving family :) So happy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Courtney,
    Did Humira ever cause any problems?
    http://www.dailyrx.com/news-article/body-battles-arthritis-drug-12617.html
    Some RA patients seem to have problems with Humira.
    It sounds like it is showing real progress in your situation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As of right now, Humira isn't causing any problems. Thank you for the link to the article!

    ReplyDelete