I am not a religious person. I did not grow up going to church every Sunday with my family. In fact, I can count on one hand the number of times I have been in a church. I wasn't even married in a church, I was married in an alley, out side of a bar, NEXT to a big beautiful cathedral. I was however married by a minister.
Having said all that, one may think I do not believe in God. And to be 100% honest with you, my followers and blog readers, I am not sure what it is I believe in. Do I believe in a high power? Yes. Do I believe it to be our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ? Maybe. Do I believe there is a Heaven? I believe there is something. Do I believe in the power of prayer? 100% without a doubt yes. When asked for prayers for ailing friends, family, and others, I most certainly say a little prayer to myself to heal those who are hurting and/or suffering. When my Aunt was dying I prayed A LOT. I made bargains, I pleaded, and I begged. And when my Aunt passed away, I was angry and mad and I felt let down. It took me a long time to move on from her passing, and some days, I don't think I have moved on 100% but deep down I don't want to. When going through pictures, I fight back the tears upon seeing her smiling face looking back at me. I am no longer angry that she is gone because I know that she is no longer in pain. I know that she is watching over my family and when I see a rainbow, it's her letting me know she is there.
This week has been a trying one for my JA Family. Many prayer requests have been made. I have been forced to recognize my blessings. Jackson is doing great. I have not seen any physical signs of joint swelling nor is he complaining of anything. Medicated remission is what some may choose to call this. I have been forced to realize that even though he is still on Humira, Naproxin, Methotrexate, Leucavorin, and Prilosec he is doing well and it's BECAUSE of all that he takes. I don't like that he takes things that suppress his immune system, and I hate that he is on low dose chemo but the fact remains that these drugs are helping him.
Having a child with a chronic illness makes you understand that you have to take the good with the bad. Jackson has not had an infusion is about a year. When we make our trips to Shands, it's to see his doctors, not to have an infusion. Do I know that could all change at any moment? You bet I do. And that is why I count my blessings, and say my prayers for the JA families that are hurting right now and always.
Julie, Rochelle, Heidi, Lana, WilmaSue, Tiffany, Deetra and any momma I may have forgotten, I love you, your children, and your families and I may not comment on what you are going through right now with your children, I am thinking of you and praying. This week, and in previous weeks, things for you guys have been rough. For that I am sorry. To my mommas with kiddos that are doing well, like Jackson, I love you guys too!!
Too many people think arthritis isn't a big deal, too many blow it off like it's nothing. My JA family and I are here to tell you otherwise..........
No judgement here :) This was a beautiful post. When I truly found God, I knew that I wanted to share my love and faith of Him without pushing Him on people. So, I just want to leave you with this: I pray that you DO find Him in your heart. When you do, you will KNOW it. It is an all consuming love that cannot be dismissed or mistaken. I am so thankful that He led me to the church that I now attend with my family. It has been LIFE ALTERING. We didn't have churches like this in Maine and that saddens me. I grew up believing that God hated us and wanted to punish us. Okay, I'm carrying on....shutting it now :) So happy to hear the Jackson is doing well and that you are counting your blessings.
ReplyDeleteCourtney-
ReplyDeleteI thank you for taking the time to share with us. I am so happy that Jackson is doing well on his medications. An answered prayer! You know all to well---anything can change and who knows what is next> Thank you for keeping the children on your heart and saying a prayer for each of them and their families. You know it is draining- and the support of each of us gets us through these bad humps in the road. We hope that more & more of our JA children will have less pain and complications from this nasty disease. Thank you for your friendship and support everyday!
What a beautiful post. Thank you! It sounds to me like your heart HAS found God - but perhaps your mind has to sort out some of the incomprehensible details of it all :). Keep praying, as I will do, for all of the children. The medical advances over the past 15 have been extraordinary - there's so much reason to hope for better treatment, if not a cure, for tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteI couldn't have said it better! VERY WELL SAID!!!
ReplyDelete