10.17.2010

A Message for Juvenile Arthritis

Dear JA,

Eff you! Seriously. Because of you JA, every weekend my child throws up before his shot. EVERY weekend. Without fail. He also screams, loud. Why can't my 8 year old be just that, an 8 year old! An 8 year old with no worries, no fears, and most of all, a childhood that isn't being robbed by an aweful auto immune disease. Instead, my 8 year old has to be reminded to take his TWICE daily dose of Naproxin, his once a day dose of generic Prilosec, and his biweekly dose of Leucavorin. Because of you JA, my child can't simply get a cold and get over it, oh no, he gets a cold and I have to watch him like a hawk to make sure it doesn't get worse. JA, you suck.

Sincerely,
Courtney

PS. Don't think I don't see the pain you are causing to Jackson's friends that have JA too. I see it and it makes me want to kick your ass all the more. 

_________________________________________________________________________________

6 comments:

  1. :'( This made me cry Courtney. I want more than anything for our babies to be "normal". I think you saw my post on my blog about that? I get so sick of it all. BUT, I have to say our new found faith and trust in God has helped all of us out tremendously. (((HUGS))) from NC tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Court,

    I am sorry that Jackson goes through this every weekend. Hopefully, he will become used to it as he gets older and not work himself into a frenzy over getting the shot. He will come accustimed to taking the pills he is supposed to take and won't need reminding. I hope that a cure comes soon for all the people affected by this dibilitating disease.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww... Courtney I am so sorry. I hate hearing he goes through this every single day and every single week. I wish him and all the other kids did not have to go through any of this mess and they could just be kids. I totally understand your frustration as a mom with a special needs health child. It is so hard. We want nothing but normalcy for them. We cant. As this is everyday life for these kiddos. we send our love to you both.

    By the way JA... YOU SUCK.....

    Love,
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with ya!!! I'm so sorry that this sucks so much!!!!! It makes me angry, too, but look how amazing our children are! How many people can say that their children are their heroes? In our world today, most are more worried about getting their kids to shut up. (I have to try to look at the bright side or I will rage.) I hope that it does get easier for him as he gets older. Ya'll are always in my prayers...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I couldnt have said it better myself...that is exactly how I feel as well. I found your blog from the FB page, I would love to add yours to my sidebar of JRA families if that is okay. I look forward to reading more of yours, I am so glad that fb has given us JRA mothers a chance to connect!
    Hang in there.. oh and I so agree on getting a cold, no one else really understands why it is such a big deal... I am a follower now too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your comments!! Lesli, I would be honored to have my blog on your sidebar! And I will do the same for you

    ReplyDelete