This weekend, starting with Friday, Jackson started to complain about his knee hurting him. It's been two weeks since he's had a methotrexate shot. Then Saturday morning while at the show n sell [cub scouts] he complained of his back hurting. Again, it's been two weeks since he's had a methotrexate shot. He's taking his naproxin twice a day again, and I'm not sure if it's helping.
We have family in town so this past weekend was crazy busy. With that being said, Jackson didn't get his shots last night. Instead, he's getting them tonight. Please don't judge me and think that we were TOO busy for him to get his shots. That wasn't and isn't the case. Simply put, we didn't expect to be out so late yesterday.
I'm using my blog as a way to document his pain. So that if it happens again, I can mention it to the docs. I'm wondering if maybe two weeks between methotrexate shots isn't going to work. Only time will tell though.
I'm also writing it down. Well I'm jotting it down in a notebook that has been other random thoughts and notes in it and to be honest, I need to find a notebook that I dedicate strictly to Jackson's pain and flareups. Mental note made.
Other than knee pain he has foot pain but a lot of that is because he doesn't have much for arch support and his ankles tend to "bow" in. We're picking up his orthotic inserts next week so that should help within time. With all the walking we did this weekend, I am happy that he isn't in more pain. He was a trooper and when I asked him if he wanted to go to the van to sit and would tell me no. Eventually he gave him though.
We have family in town until about November 7th so this coming weekend is sure to be busy as well. He'll be getting both MTX and Humira tonight though so that should help.
Until next time.........
No comments:
Post a Comment