9.29.2010

World Arthritis Day - October 12th! (and an update)

I am asking everyone that I know to participate in World Arthritis Day on 10/12/10. How can you participate? Simple! Wear BLUE! Blue is the color of the ribbon that represents arthritis. And it would be awesome if all my family and friends were to GO BLUE!


If you go here, you learn more about World Arthritis Day.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jackson has been doing well. We recently went to Gainesville for a JA Family Connect Day and had a great time!! The kids were kept occupied by a balloon man, and plenty of helpers so that us parents could hear the amazing speakers. I shed many tears and laughs. And it was pretty damn interesting to learn from Dr. Elder how they decide what meds to put our kiddos on.

Jackson is still doing well. His knee was bothering him the other day and it just so happened to be a day when he had P.E. I wrote a note to the Coach to let him know that Jackson needed to take it easy. And he did just that. We return to Gainesville on October 6th for his appointment. 4 months ago when we were there for his last appointment there was some talk about maybe taking him off the Humira.....I'm anxious to see about that.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! As in weaning him off because he's doing so well? That would rock!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, but sadly, I don't think it will be an option, his knee has been bothering him and my husband noticed he was walking differently. :(

    ReplyDelete