12.14.2009

Insurance, doctors, and hospitals, OH MY!

So last week I was able to get things in order regarding a new pediatrician for both the boys. Shawn is on Amerigroup and Jackson is on CMS so I called the ped. they were seeing to see if they accepted BOTH insurances. Guess what? They accept Amerigroup but not CMS. Ummm, what? Ok, so then I was on the hunt for a new ped. that BOTH boys could see. On Jackson's CMS card there was one doctor and on Shawn's Amerigroup card there was of course another.

I did some research, no scratch that, I tried to do some research on the doc. listed on Jackson's ID card and I wasn't too thrilled with what I did find. So then it was on to checking out the doc listed on Shawn's ID card. I was happy with the results but then I had to make the phone call to make sure that both boys could be seen by her. After calling, leaving a message, and getting a call back fairly quickly we had to find out what type of insurance they accepted regarding CMS, and low and behold, we're in business. =)

Now comes the task of calling Jackson's nurse care coordinator at CMS and giving her the number and name of the nurse at the new ped's office so they can get connected. The I need to get their records transferred, that requires a call to the new patient person at the office and seeing if she can email me the form so that I can sign it, and fax it back to her so we can get the ball rolling. Then I have to call Arnold Palmer and get his records from there sent to the new ped's office. Not to mention tracking down their records from when they were little a seeing a doc in Kissimmee. Oy!!

I plan on handling all of that tomorrow. In the mean time Jackson is doing well. His left foot is still swollen and so are 4 out of 5 fingers on his right hand, not to mention one of his knees but he is working through it =). That child amazes me.

We have our first visit with the ped. rheumatologist on Weds.

I'll update that night, hopefully, lol, because the boys also have their holiday party with cub scouts that night too.

No comments:

Post a Comment