I love my son. I love his brother. I don't love how I am handling things where JA is concerned. It's frustrating....to Jackson, to me, to Shawn, to Patrick, to ALL of us.
Today, and all week in fact, I have dropped off my children at school only to be met with tear filled eyes when we get closer to the drop off area. Simply put, Jackson is in pain and doesn't understand why he can't just stay home with me. He doesn't understand that he needs to try and keep moving so that things don't get more stiff than they already are. It's heart breaking, really, to watch your 7 year old struggle with every step, find a new way to hold a pencil in a hand that has 4 out of 5 digits swollen.
The ever changing weather here in Florida isn't helping him either. It was a humid and icky feeling 74 degrees this morning when we left for school. Now? Well now after the rain and the cold front has had a chance to march right on through, it's 64 degrees.
Our first appointment is next Weds. the 16th at 2pm. I'm hoping to learn more about JA and hopefully find a different treatment, I'm afraid the naproxen is starting to not work anymore.
I hope they find something else that will help him more on your next appointment.
ReplyDelete