4.22.2010

Florida Mom Squad

Having a child with JA has allowed me to meet some wonderful people. When your son or daughter is diagnosed with JA, you feel many emotions. One of this biggest ones Patrick and I felt was fear and the sense of being alone in this. When your told that your child has a disease that will more than likely affect him or her for the rest of their lives, you go numb. At least I did. I was in shock, and I was sad for my son.

Through the magic of Facebook, I came to know some very strong people. I also became a member of the Mom Squad. The support that we give each other is like nothing I have ever seen before. When one child hurts, we all hurt, and when the JA kids are doing well, we all rejoice together, like a family.

Patrick and I are no longer alone in this journey. We have an incredible support system of not only traditional family and friends but also the Arthritis Foundation and the Mom Squad family. Without them, we'd still be alone in this.

My little blog that I decided to have is about to gain some big time attention and I couldn't be more excited! Having said that, Welcome new readers! I do hope that you will click the follow me button and join us on our journey! 

3 comments:

  1. That is exactly how I feel! We were alone in our journey for such a long time, but now having met you, Tony & Pam and joining the Mom Squad I really feel... excited! I have all of the knowledge that I've been dying to share, and I can't wait to start helping those who are just learning the news. If we can help make a difference to even one family that's huge. I'm so glad that I got to meet you all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had 2 years alone in the JA battle. I don't know how we did it, but I am so happy to have all-o-ya'll to share with now. You've even gotten me thinking about my blog again. I hadn't touched it in months until tonight. I'm so thrilled that I had the chance to meet you, Pam & Tony, and I'm so excited to be part of the Mom Squad now! I can't help feeling so positive and happy about it! I keep finding myself beaming :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww.. you guys are making me cry. I am so glad we all have each other now and together we can help each other and the moms that come after us. Love Pam :)

    ReplyDelete