I am struggling to find the words to express how I am feeling. In the last week or so, I have had many people reach out to me. Mostly Moms of children who suffer with JA. And Tony of course :). I am grateful to have these people in my life now, even if only in the FB world. It pains me to see their posts of their children in pain, swollen, tired, and unable to be who they are, CHILDREN, because their having a bad flare. While these children are suffering, Jackson is not. In fact, and I know this is very naive of me to say, but Jackson looks and acts like any normal 7 yr old. I don't see any visible swelling [doesn't mean he isn't], he isn't complaining, and he is no more tired than his 11 yr old brother. Could he be in remission? Is that too good to be true? We have our infusion appt. and follow up next week, on the 10th, in G-ville and we'll know just how well he is doing. The humira in combination with the methotrexate seem to be working well for him.
In the mean time, there are walk meetings that I can not attend because cub scouts falls on the same night. I want to do more. I need to do more. But what? Am I the only one feeling this way? Have other moms felt this way too?
No comments:
Post a Comment